Warsash Wasps SFC Equal Opportunities Policy 2016
Warsash Wasps Football Club is committed to a policy of equal treatment of all members and requires all members of whatever level or authority, to abide and adhere to this general principle and the requirements of the Codes of Practice issued by the Equal Opportunities Commission and Commission for Racial Equality. All members are expected to abide by the requirements of the Race Relations Act 1976, Sex Discrimination Act 1986 and Disability Discrimination Act 1995. Specifically discrimination is prohibited in:
• Treating any individual on grounds of gender, colour, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientated or disability less favourably than others.
• Expecting an individual solely on the grounds stated above to comply with requirement(s) for any reason whatsoever related to their membership, which are different to the requirements for others.
• Imposing on an individual requirements which are in effect more onerous on that individual than they are on others. For example this would include applying a condition (which is not warranted by the requirements of the position) which makes it more difficult for members of a particular race or sex to comply than others not of that race or sex.
• Victimisation of an individual.
• Harassment of an individual (which for the purposes of this policy and the actions and sanction applicable thereto is regarded as discrimination).
• Any other act or omission of an act, which has as its effect the disadvantaging of a member against another, or others, purely on the above grounds. Thus, in all the Club’s recruitment, selection, promotion and training processes, as well as disciplinary matters etc. – in other words all instances where those in control of members are required to make judgements between them – it is essential that merit, experience, skills and temperament are considered as objectively as possible.
Warsash Wasps Football Club commits itself to the immediate investigation of any claims of discrimination on the above grounds and where such is found to be the case, a requirement that the practice cease forthwith, restitution of damage or loss (if necessary) and to the investigation of any member accused of discrimination.
Any member found guilty of discrimination will be instructed to desist forthwith. Since discrimination in its many forms is against the Football Club’s policy, any members offending will be dealt with under the disciplinary procedure.